Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds in The Hitman’s Bodyguard

This is the very funny red band trailer for action comedy The Hitman’s Bodyguard, starring one Samuel L. Jackson, a hit man, and Ryan Reynolds, his bodyguard.

filmzap

This is the sort of stupid I can really get behind. I mean I think I like just about everything this movie is trying to do, at least based on this one trailer. Unfortunately, and this might just be me, I don’t think this will be a good movie. At the same time I’m sure those two, Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds, will make it work one way or the other. Why do I think The Hitman’s Bodyguard won’t be good? For one thing the director and writer don’t inspire much confidence, and there are other little things in the trailer that reinforce that. In the end I really hope I’m wrong since I definitely want to see this one in theaters. Better to go in expecting something bad and then leave pleasantly surprised then the other way around.

Patrick Hughes (The Expendables 3) directed The Hitman’s Bodyguard and Tom O’Connor wrote it. Starring in the film are Samuel L. Jackson, Ryan Reynolds, Salma Hayek, Gary Oldman, Elodie Yung and more.

The Hitman’s Bodyguard opens in the US on August 18th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jason David Frank Ejected From Power Rangers Premiere

Here’s an Amazing Short that Bridges Prometheus and Alien: Covenant

Jeff Garlin on His First Comedy Inspiration and New Netflix Movie Handsome